High-tech

High-tech
Light

Saturday, February 21, 2015

New Edward Snowden leak: US and British spies had access to billions of cell phones

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/new-edward-snowden-leak-us-and-british-spies-had-access-to-billions-of-cell-phones/

*Why does this not shock me? I can't think of any reason to believe that any for of electronic communication has ever been truly private. That would mean everyone - including government agencies - would have to follow the rules. Just from playing card games or Monopoly as a kid, I know that there are always a few people who cheat. In order to have private communications, you have to have unbreakable encryption; that is a technical impossibility as far as I know. The only restraint on monitoring communications sent via electronic means is their sheer volume. That's analogous to a sheer nightgown in my mind. ;-) - Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment