High-tech

High-tech
Light

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

One Dead 'Droid...

Ok, I give up. My HTC Amaze has bitten the dust. The poor beast died in my hand this past evening. It just went dark right while I was using it. Then the charging indicator LED went dark. It won't boot. It won't do anything. I tried removing and re-installing the battery, but no-go. Nada da nothinga.

This is my requiem for a beloved phone. I really enjoyed the way the Amaze worked, the camera, the removable battery, the 16GB micro-SD slot, the look and feel of the UI, the dual LED flash/flashlight, the great speaker, and more. What I hated was how it got pretty warm when I was using the 4G data, and how it sucked battery like a jet fighter on afterburner. Crash-and-burn, Maverick, but I'll miss ya.

Since the HTC One seems a step backward to me, with its sealed-in battery and 5-MP camera, (The Amaze had an 8-MP for pity's sake!) and no micro-sd slot, I skipped it altogether. As far as I'm concerned, HTC went backward on their new flagship. Nada gonna bite.

I've ordered a pair of Sony Experia Z's from T-Mobile. (purple was the only online option)

Here's Phonescoop.com's take on the phone: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=4010

I'm not thrilled about the irreplacable battery, or the inability to customize the home-screen clock, and the hatches over all the ports might drive me bats, but otherwise I'm down with what's being described in the reviews.

Still Droid.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment